Friday, March 21, 2008

PD's recommendation

Given all the "complications" I experienced on this weaning journey with Isaac, I have decided to consult his PD to get more advice and suggestions.

I have started his rice cereal again this morning, and right after that, I gave him water. I have also bought some Heinz baby apple and pear juice as well as some pureed fruits, just to try out and see if he likes it. I guess all those streaks of blood were caused by constipation given that the cereal is iron-fortified plus the lack of fluid in his body.

So now...Isaac's weaning journey will begin again and I will update on his progress, new food introduced to him and how he is taking it.

Cheers!

So, lessons learned :

1) Water is really essential now that solid food is introduced, water content in breastmilk is not sufficient.
2) Introduce fruits (either commercially pureed or freshly made ones) at this stage to prevent constipation.

No comments:

Leave me a message

NO ADVERTISING

NO SPAMMING

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix